Friday, April 26, 2013

Honoring Loved Ones

Personally, I have to stop to remember the death dates of family members.

Their birthdays, however I never forget.

For three decades I was blessed with the most incredible mother.

She was beautiful, courageous and wickedly funny.
 
Among the lesson she taught her children were to be citizens of the world and how to start a conversation with anyone from "peasant to king."

Hard to believe she has been gone for over 20 years now.
 
Today would have been her 80th birthday.

From childhood on, whenever scary things from monsters in the closet to shaken confidences occurred, she would stroke our hair and sing the Irving Berlin classic - "Always."

She also passed along her love of Ella Fitzgerald to us.

So happy birthday, Mom and here's hoping you and Ella are scatting together in Heaven.

I'll be loving you always
with a love that's true, always
When the thing you've planned
needs a helping hand,
I will understand, always, always

Days may not be fair, always
That's when I'll be there, always
Not for just an hour,
Not for just a day,
Not for just a year, but always.
 
Please have a listen and enjoy.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment